Event Format: The format will be a four-person team, 18-hole scramble competition. In a scramble competition, each player tees off on each hole. The best of the tee shots is selected and all players play their second shots from that spot. The best of the second shots is determined, then all play their third shots from that spot, and so on until the ball is holed.
Each group competes as a team for the LOWEST TEAM SCORE for the 18 holes.
METHOD OF PLAY
- Each group will select a Team Captain prior to teeing off. The Captain will:
- be the final authority on selection of the best shot.
- designate a Scorekeeper.
- be responsible for verifying and submitting the scorecard.
- Play begins with each member of the group teeing off.
- With the consensus of the other members of the group, the team captain decides which drive is the most desirable.
- The other members of the group pick up their balls and proceed to the spot of the selected drive, where they will hit their second shots.
- The best of the second shots is then chosen. The group will then hit all their putts (or third shots) from that spot.
- This procedure continues until the ball is in the hole.
- At the completion of each hole, the Scorekeeper will record the team score on the scorecard and will indicate any mulligans used.
- In the fairway, place balls within one club length of the “best” ball, but not nearer to the hole.
- On the putting green, place balls within 3 inches of the “best” ball, but not nearer to the hole.
- In placing the ball, you may not change the condition of the shot. If the ball is in a hazard or rough, all members of the team must play their shot from the hazard or rough, respectively.
- On the putting green, give each person a shot at the first putt. Do not hole out a short putt if you have missed your first putt. The first ball in must count for the team score. Mark your ball and wait until all players have had the opportunity to putt.
- If playing as a threesome, one member of the threesome may - on a rotational basis - hit or putt an extra time to compensate for the fourth person.
- EACH PLAYER ON THE TEAM MUST CONTRIBUTE AT LEAST TWO DRIVES.
- The maximum score allowed is 2 over par. After that, simply pick up the balls and move on to the next hole.
- Men will play from the Men’s Tee and women will play from the Women’s tees.
- A mulligan may be used toward the team score on all holes, but only each player’s first shot is eligible to qualify for any prize (i.e., longest drive, closest-to-the-pin or hole-in-one).