Ft. Belvoir Gate Access (Important)
Directions and Access Instructions
From 1-95 (North or South), take the Fairfax County Pkwy (Rte. 286) Exit 166A.
1. PRE-REGISTERED GUESTS
Guests with DoD I.D. cards and others who have pre-registered their Driver’s License Numbers may use the Kingman Gate:
- From exit 166A off I-95, follow the Fairfax County Pkwy (Rte. 286) eastbound to the fourth traffic light (2.0 miles). Turn left on John J. Kingman Rd; go 0.4 miles to the Kingman Gate. (If the right lane at the gate is in use, non-DoD I.D. holders should use the right lane.)
- A list of all non-military/DoD participants and their Driver’s License information will be submitted to Gate Security prior to the event. Personnel on this list will be able to show their Driver’s License and proceed through the gate. All vehicle occupants must show a government-issued photo I.D. (i.e., driver’s license, passport)
- After going through the gate, take the first left onto Beulah St. and proceed ½ mi. After the golf cart cross walk, take an immediate left into the Golf Course parking lot and bear right to park.
2. NOT PRE-REGISTERED
Guests without DoD I.D. Cards who did not pre-register their Driver’s License Number must use the Tulley Gate:
- From exit 166A off I-95, follow the Fairfax County Pkwy (Rte. 286) eastbound to its end at Richmond Hwy/U.S. Rte 1 (3 mi).
- Turn left on Richmond Hwy. In 0.2 mi, turn right at the first traffic light onto Pohick Rd.
- Continue to the gate area. A security person will direct visitors to bear right to the parking area.Park the vehicle. The vehicle operator must take his/her Driver’s License and Vehicle Registration into the Security building to get a pass. This process can take 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Display the vehicle pass. Leave the parking lot and go through the gate. All vehicle occupants must show a government-issued photo I.D., e.g., Driver’s License, passport, etc.. Once through the gate, continue to the second traffic light at Gunston Rd.
- Turn left onto Gunston Road and continue 2 miles to the end of Gunston Rd at John J. Kingman Rd.
- Turn left onto Kingman Road and make a quick right at the first traffic light onto Beulah St.
- Continue ½ mile. Immediately after the golf cart cross walk, turn left into the Golf Course parking lot and bear right to park.
3.Departing Fort Belvoir Golf Course:
- All visitors may depart via the Kingman Gate, regardless of which gate you used to enter.
- Turn right out of the Golf Course parking lot. Go ½ mi and turn right at the traffic light onto John J. Kingman Rd. Go ½ mi to the Fairfax County Parkway. Turn right to return to I-95 (2 mi), or left to go to Route 1.
Fort Belvoir Golf Club