Ft. Belvoir Gate Access (Important)
Guests with DoD I.D. cards and others who have pre-registered their Driver’s License Numbers:
- From exit 166A off I-95, follow the Fairfax County Pkwy (Rte. 286) eastbound to the fourth traffic light (2.0 miles). Turn left on John J. Kingman Rd; go 0.4 miles to the Kingman Gate. (If the right lane at the gate is in use, non-DoD I.D. holders should use the right lane.).
- A list of all non-military/DoD participants and their Driver’s License information will be submitted to Gate Security prior to the event. Personnel on this list will be able to show their Driver’s License and proceed through the gate. (All vehicle occupants must show a government-issued photo I.D.).
- After going through the gate, move to the left turn lane prior to the first traffic light. Turn left onto Beulah St. Go 0.5 miles. Immediately after the golf cart cross walk, turn left into the Golf Course parking lot and bear right to park.
Guests without DoD I.D. Cards who did not pre-register their Driver’s License Number:
- On the Fairfax County Parkway, go 2.9 miles to its end at Richmond Hwy/U.S. Rte 1. Move to the middle lane (of three) for left turn.
- Turn left on Richmond Hwy and move to the far right lane. Go 0.2 miles to the first traffic light at the Tulley Gate entrance to Fort Belvoir (Pohick Rd).
- Turn right onto Pohick Rd. Go 0.6 miles. Remain in the right lane. A security person will direct visitors to bear right to the parking area. Park the vehicle.
- The vehicle operator must take his/her Driver’s License and Vehicle Registration into the Security building to get a pass. This process can take 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Display the vehicle pass. Leave the parking lot and go through the gate. All vehicle occupants must show a government-issued photo I.D. On Pohick Road, continue eastbound for 0.7 miles to the second traffic light at Gunston Rd. Move to the left lane.
- Turn left onto Gunston Rd. Go 2 miles to the end of Gunston Rd at John J. Kingman Rd. Move to the middle lane (of three) for left turn.
- Turn left onto Kingman Rd. Move to the right lane and go 0.2 miles to the first traffic light at Beulah St.
- Turn right onto Beulah St. Go 0.5 miles. Immediately after the golf cart cross walk, turn left into the Golf Course parking lot and bear right to park.
Departing Fort Belvoir Golf Course:
- All visitors are welcome to depart via the Kingman Gate.
- Turn right out of the Golf Course parking lot. Proceed 0.5 miles. Turn right at the traffic light onto John J. Kingman Rd. Stay in the right lane and go 0.5 miles to the Fairfax County Pkwy. Turn right to return to I-95 (2 miles).
Fort Belvoir Golf Club